Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Forget about it

After my run today; I'm convinced taking that much time off and not making time for exercise was a big mistake!  If pain is weakness leaving the body, I'm a pretty weak individual.  Today, I walked more than I ran, had excessive pain, and felt like my body was in permanent turtle mode.  Case in point: I feel broken.  When you are injured or having difficult in your training do you lose your self along the way? I do, I definitely do!  I leave my true self on the treadmill; pick up my smoke and mirrors and dazzle people into believing whatever they want about me.  To be honest, I'm really nervous about the possibility that this injury won't go away; what if I can't run my half marathon and I let everyone down. 

I'm pretty close to the definition of Type A personality; always on the move, excessive tunnel vision, hard on oneself, always striving to be the best... the list really goes on and on.  These personality traits are a gift and a curse!  They push me to be better, to learn more, achieve more; however they hinder my ability to let things go, accept my short comings, understanding that things take time and failure does occur.  I truly believe to overcome these injury blues; I need to make time for what I love to do.  I was a dancer well before I was a runner; tonight I will dance then take a drive.  Bass engulfing my spirit and repairing it to the best mental state to get back on the grind of running significant distances and being the person I was meant to be. 


Tonight, do something you really love.  I'm encouraging everyone to take time for themselves tonight; I'm assuming I'm not the only one out there feeling the sting of set backs.  Have a listen to Jeremih's song Imma Star.


No comments:

Post a Comment