Thursday, April 7, 2011

Music is like magic...

For most of my life music was my outlet, somewhere completely different than my present world.  There's always a song that speaks to you, matches your mood, and inspires you to keep going.  After a rough day of classes, workouts, and feeling like an office coffee pot- overworked and under appreciated; my friend told me I needed to trust and believe in others.  This spoke volumes to me, and I applied that advice to other aspects of my life and I feel so much better! Here is my 6.55 mile run broken down for you in what else than some bitchin' beats. 


At the beginning of my run, I was hopeful that I would achieve my goal for a long run but mostly I was hopeful for those around me to live their lives to the fullest.


Midway through my run I was getting frustrated with my pain, having to take walk breaks, stretch out my upper body, and fear; then this song came through my headphones.  It motivated me to keep going and strive for my goals.  No one can tear me down more than I tear myself down.


After my run, I was exhausted but felt oddly great!  I finally got in a long run; working at my own pace, taking the time to listen to my body, and believing in myself really helped.

My two cents for the day: remember that everyone is different, become in tune with your star player (you) and do what you can do!  Don't worry so much about what other people might think about you.  Go for a 40-50 minute jog or bicycle ride or pop in a workout DVD.  It doesn't matter what you choose to do, it matters that you are up, moving, and enjoying yourself. 

Love the life you live.  Live the life you love. - Bob Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment