Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting Started

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I'm currently training for my 1st half marathon consequently this blog will be focused more towards running but I'll try to add other sports to my lineup in the beginning.  Also, I feel walking and running are good cardiovascular exercises to do if you don't have access to a health club...You can do these anywhere!!

A few easy steps on how to get started:
  1. Go buy new workout gear-shoes, shorts/capris, workout shirt, go nuts you deserve it!
  2. Make a playlist of your favorite tunes, put them on your iPod, Sony Walkman, Zune, whatever your portable device is-use it!
  3. Ask a friend or family member to be your Living Healthy buddy. 
  4. Share and discuss your goals (more about this in a later post)
  5. Cut back on one of your vices.
  6. Get moving!!  Go on a walk- 15 minutes at a pace that feels comfortable to you.  You shouldn't be winded but you shouldn't be able to chat your little heart out either. 
Here's the song of the day to get you up and moving!  I Like To Move It Move It by Reel 2 Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment